Chester Place is named for Charles T. Chester who built a large house on 3 1/2 acres now bordered by Chester Place and Dwight Place. All that remains of it today is a piece of a sandstone wall on Chester place, and a pair of stone gate posts on Dwight Place, obviously too large for the house there now. The Chester house was later owned by the HUtchinson family. Some local residents still remember the "fabulous" birthday parties at Hilda Hutchinson's house in the 1920's. 
- Griffin et al, Dustin (2003). Englewood: Historical Sketches. Englewood Historical Society. p. 54.