While today DeMott St is a small street, connecting Prospect to Waldo Pl, Google Map. In 1876 it was located altogether out of Englewood, in Ridgefield Twshp, near what is Crystal Lake, and Sheffield Ave.. It ran from William Walter Phelps's property in the west, to Engle St. near what is now Phelps Ave.
- J.H. Serviss, Englewood, and J.B. Williams, Paterson. Floraville and Walton [map], 1876 edition. Section Ex libris, S.J. Press. Retrieved on 3/1/2015.