Dwight Pl is named for the Rev. James Harrison Dwight, 1st Minister of what is now called the 1st Presbyterian Church. He graduated rom Yale in 1857 and arrived in Englewood in 1859. He oversaw construction of the first church building and served as Minister for the next 13 years. 
- Griffin et al, Dustin (2003). Englewood: Historical Sketches. Englewood Historical Society. p. 52.