Please note that this bio was largely re-constructed from geneaological, US Census and other records
It may be inaccurate, and better dates are sincerely solicited WikiEnglewood.org appreciates any contribution to update it.
|Edward T. Truslowe|
Chief Edw. Taylor Truslowe
|Born||Nov 23, 1893 |
|Died||June 13, 1964 |
|Cause of death||Heart attack|
|Years active||At least 1917 to the at least 1959 |
|Employer||City of Englewood|
|Home town||Englewood, NJ|
|Known for||Fire Chief|
|Children||Dorothy L. (b. 1923);|
Robert E. (b. July 12, 1924 - Jan. 1992 ) 
Edward Taylor Truslowe - (Nov 23, 1893 - June 13, 1964) was Chief of the Englewood Fire Department from sometime in the 1940's til at least 1959 . As of his WWI Draft registration, he was living on Broad Ave and already a firefighter. By 1940 his family was living at 100 W. Hamilton Ave., in Englewood, and had attained the rank of Captain. In his continuing dedication to his profession, he was a trustee of the New Jersey/New York Volunteer Firemens Association, and died of a heart attack while working on a meeting in Leonia, on June 13, 1964. 
- Truslowe. "1917". WWI Draft registration Card. US Dept of the Army. http://search.ancestry.ca/cgi-bin/sse.dll?db=WW1draft&h=32146378&indiv=try&o_vc=Record:OtherRecord&rhSource=2442. Retrieved 10/10/2014.
- Staff Writer. "NJ Firefighters Online". In The Line of Duty. NJ firefighters online. http://njfirefighters.blogspot.com/. Retrieved 10/10/2014.
- Staff Writer. "Englewood City Department Heads". Article. Press-Journal.
- Staff Writer. "1930 US Federal Census". Englewood. US Dept of Commerce. http://search.ancestry.ca/cgi-bin/sse.dll?db=1930usfedcen&indiv=try&h=2005942. Retrieved 10/10/2014.
- Staff Writer. "1910 US Federal Census". Englewood. US Dept of Commerce. http://search.ancestry.ca/cgi-bin/sse.dll?db=1910USCenIndex&indiv=try&h=186793985. Retrieved 10/10/2014.