Howland Ave

From WikiEnglewood.org
Jump to: navigation, search

Howland Ave was named for Francis Howland, a lawyer who arrived in Englewood in 1860. He built a house on Tenafly Rd and lived on Church St. He also owned land in the present day 4th ward. [1]

References

  1. Griffin et al, Dustin (2003). Englewood: Historical Sketches. Englewood Historical Society. p. 60.