Tuscan Lodge, F&AM, No 115

From WikiEnglewood.org
Jump to: navigation, search
TuscanLodge.jpg

Tuscan Lodge, F&AM (Free and Accepted Masons), No 115 is notable, as it occupied a stately position just behind the liberty pole a the crossroads of Tenafly Rd and Lafayette Av, by the present day "Monument" circle. It was founded in 1871, and continued until about 197? when it merged into Wm. F. Burk Lodge No 230, in Bogota.

Founders

Officers

  • Treasurer: Alexander Cass [1]
  • Secretary: John A. Hyde

Charter members

  • Peter Rogers
  • John E. Wentz
  • William C. Davis
  • Alexander Cass
  • Moses E. Springer
  • John A. Dale
  • John A. Hyde
  • Jacob Campbell
  • Samuel Stalter
  • Joseph Conklin

Trusteees for 1899

  • William C. Davis (1 yr.)
  • Robert Stevenson (2 yrs.)
  • Henry Booth (3 yrs.)

Finance Committee

References

  1. Humphrey, Jeffrey A. (1899). Englewood, Its Annals and Reminiscences. Englewood, NJ: J.S. Ogilvie Publishing Company. p. 210. https://books.google.com/books?id=wQk_AQAAMAAJ&dq=Thomas+W.+Demarest,+Englewood&source=gbs_navlinks_s. Retrieved 2/12/2015.