William Outis Allison
His home burned to the ground in November 1903, resulting in a loss estimated at $75,000.
- "Allison Park". http://www.njpalisades.org/history.htm. Retrieved 2011-10-20. "Allison Park is named for William O. Allison (1849-1924), who had an estate at this location. ... He became the first mayor of Englewood Cliffs, and sold some riverfront property to the Carpenter brothers for their quarry operation."
- Bobbie Bouton-Goldberg (1998). Englewood and Englewood Cliffs. Arcadia Publishing. p. 31. http://books.google.com/books?id=D6cDENmTV6MC&pg=PA31&dq=William+Allison+englewood&hl=en&ei=v9OkTuKaJ4fj0QHbhrCxDQ&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=3&ved=0CD0Q6AEwAg#v=onepage&q=William%20Allison%20englewood&f=false. "Born in 1849 in Undercliff, Allison rose from the foot of the cliff to the top. ... Defeated in his bid for road commissioner, Allison sued Englewood disputing the voting rights of female landowners and the service ..."
- Staff. "MAYOR ALLISON'S HOME BURNED; Englewood's Chief Executive and Family Fled tor Life -- Loss, $75,000.", The New York Times, November 8, 1903. Accessed December 5, 2013.
- Staff. "William O. Allison Dies", The New York Times, December 19, 1924. Accessed December 5, 2013.
- "William Outis Allison". http://www.njpalisades.org/cn2011_03-04.htm. Retrieved 2011-10-24.